Saturday, May 25, 2013

Party!

After 3 years of fun and exercise....yes, both of those words in the same breath....Karyn decided to call it quits.  I don't blame her at all, but I sure am going to miss the friends I made there and the calories I burned and the muscles I tones....but mostly the friends.  I have been seeing some of these sweet ladies 2 or 3 times a week and sharing lives with them.  Now, I am going to miss watching the pregnant ones grow and blossom and I won't hear about the trials and accomplishments of getting that next degree or the weddings of kids and the birth of grandkids or the adventures at work places...one of my circles has fallen apart.  Not gonna lie, it makes me sad.

Maybe it will make my life less busy, but it will also be less full.....ah, well.

To celebrate the end we had a party!  I think I might like to be a party planner (or a meteorologist0 for my next career.

It was fun and nobody cried!
Can't have a party without balloons, right?  
Especially those nice helium ones, huh, Karyn?
Stripes and polka spots and yellow fiesta waiting for food.  
And Camille's pretty pink glass bowl that you can barely see.
Lemon cupcakes with pink icing by Makayla, 
who is raising money

for the Relay for Life team she captains....
as an 8th grader!

Can you tell it was a pink lemonade theme?

Pink jello mousse yumminess with the spoon already tied inside...
with yellow and pink ribbons!
Water...it is an exercise class!...with fancy new wraps...
and more lemons.
I am all about banners these days!
And there she is....our fearless leader!

We all worked together to make it a fun ending and everyone was gracious enough to stay with the pink and yellow theme so it all looked nice, too....ahhhh....a party plan gone well!

Love my zumba ladies!  Don't lose me....I will miss you....








14 comments:

Karyn said...

OK, so I just read your little package this morning and now this! Really!? You know I love you, right? I am sad. It was so strange to wake up this morning and not have Zumba. It will be even more strange next week. I am hoping that I will not have to miss my friends too much. That I will see them all in various places and at various times...to celebrate, to support, to laugh, to roll eyes. Thank you for all you've done. For all you do. For who you are. By the way, Tasha reminded me that I actually taught Zumba for four years. Time flies, as they say.

Donna said...

Four years? Now I am really sad! :-) Even my little husband was weirded out because I didn't go to Zumba this morning....
Seasons come and seasons go....and fruit is produced with each season. I plan to enjoy our fruitful friendship for a good long time! Love you, too.
And the little package? From the blog of the lady who wrote the book. Hope you liked it and believed it to be true.

Tanna said...

Oh.... I'm sad, too, Donna. It is always sad to lose a great place to laugh, to connect AND to get good exercise. When my left knee made me give up running, I missed it so much. I hope maybe your group can find another way to get together... or maybe one of you might teach. ;) blessings and hugs ~ tanna
ps that was an AWESOME PARTY!!

Donna said...

Tanna, one of the other girls is going to get certified, so we may start again in the fall....fingers crossed.
I need the exercise and the friendships!
Let me know if you need me to come to Tyler and throw you a party for any reason! love, d.

Rachel said...

That is darling!!!! I love the colors and theme. The pink polka dot is sooo cute!!!

You did a good job. I'm sorry it is coming to an end. That is so sad....

Donna said...

Thanks....I suppose something will come to fill the void...I have done 2 yoga classes. Not the same, but interesting.

W-S Wanderings said...

No zumba? Really? It just doesn't seem right, Donna. Ah well, whenever I think of zumba I shall pair your name with it. Donna zumbas, maybe I should zumba too. Which is as far as I ever got with taking zumba classes.

The party décor looked beautiful. Bright, happy, refreshing, energetic. Now I want lemonade.

And I love, love, love that your next careers may be party planner or meteorologist.

no spring chicken said...

I think that most everyone can relate to this post. It's so hard to lose a group that has become so much a part of your days... But boy, do you do it in style! What a beautiful party and I'm certain not many people can pull that off in a big gym. Not an easy venue. :) And my Audrey would love to pow-wow with your Makayla. She did a beautiful job on the cupcakes.

Blessings, Debbie

Donna said...

I would love for Audrey and Makayla to connect....big hearted, creative, loving girls!
Tonight will seem empty, but I have an art show at an elementary school nearby that I have been invited to and can attend now....all will be well with my soul.

K said...

I hate ends to things that are rich and wonderful! I used to be in the theater, and there was nothing so sad as to come to the end of a run and have to go strike the set, knowing that you wouldn't be just seeing all these people and working with them ever again in the same casual, fun way as a set. I think the only thing I was ever sad about going to school was that - the patterns in life you make by passing certain people in the halls at certain times of day - that immersion in a world of people that has made sense and joy to you.

I felt it when the children left, one by one, and as Chaz just moved fifteen minutes farther away. I'd feel it if I left this neighborhood and ward.

But in saying this, I realize I am talking about the end of a blessing. How blessings, whatever they are, when they end, you can measure your gratitude for them by the amount of sag in your joy when they are finished. But there is always something new to come, as you already know.

I'd take our class here, but six in the morning is a far country - a VERY far country.

Donna said...

Yeah, 6am would be a serious commitment! The hole is still there for the time being. I am taking a yoga class that is fun, but wholly different.
Truth be told I loved zumba more for the people than the exercise....it was kind of a side benefit. :-)
You know that sense of loss when something real and wonderful ends? Like the theater for you? That's how I feel about your books and the characters...really....and a few other books, too.
Blessings....gotta love them in the now before they become the then!

no spring chicken said...

I had to come and tell you that I thought of you when I posted. A great teacher is a treasure...

Blessings, Debbie

no spring chicken said...

Donna, what are you doing? It's like as soon as your body stopped zumba-ing you ceased existing... Come back! Come back! There is life after zumba. ;)

Blessings, Debbie

Donna said...

OK, Debbie, I posted a new post.... Thanks for missing me. :-)